The surge of import shipments coming into the United States continues at an unprecedented pace creating ongoing chassis shortages.
- DCs are holding containers/chassis longer before unloading.
- It’s taking longer to move chassis back into the system.
- Broken chassis are not being fixed quickly because of COVID-19 workplace restrictions.
- Rail yards in Chicago offer two free days.
- Current dwell times in Chicago average nearly six days.
- Shortage issues are being reported across the country: LA/Long Beach, New York, Cleveland, Columbus, Atlanta, Nashville.
Be prepared to pay additional demmurage/storage charges.
If you are experiencing delays due to this situation, contact our office. We can provide advice and recommendations.